Channel Marketing Manager
Samsung is an amazing place to work full of endless opportunities, exceptional people and an excellent environment. As well as this, Samsung provides the opportunity to be a part of innovation that makes a real difference in the lives of millions of people worldwide. We are looking for exceptional people to join our journey, so we can enable you to ‘do what you can’t’.
Samsung is an open and flexible business where we are keen to find the right people for the role by supporting them in their work-life balance. Although this is a full-time role we are open to having discussions to fit your needs.
This Channel Marketing Manager role is responsible for developing and executing the marketing programme for assigned Channel Partners and leading the execution of an effective channel marketing programme ensuring that all Samsung marketing activities are fully leveraged and executed through the channel to deliver business growth.
It will involve working with the channel sales teams to drive commercial performance, as well as working with key stakeholders across the business to deliver the business goals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the marketing performance of the B2B Indirect Channel, delivered directly through assigned Channel Partners.
- Responsible for GTM planning & execution for new product launches, life cycle management and budget ownership to manage sell in and sell out of Samsung products.
- Manage the full suite of channel activities: sales enablement, events, incentives, creative and PR.
- Continually evolve the MDF and incremental marketing investment decision-making and processes.
- Build weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual co-marketing and activation plans with nominated partners to create demand and sell-through for Samsung’s portfolio of products.
- Input into Channel Partner account plans and shape 360-degree channel marketing programmes.
- Assist the commercial teams to sell into channel new B2B products, solutions and propositions through clear presentation of any marketing campaigns.
- Understanding the customer account strategic priorities and opportunities by developing prosperous relationships at all levels in the account.
- Be responsible for ensuring the marketing budget is allocated in a cost effective manner to maximize ROI. Based on projected sales, ensure that activity planned is in line with proposed accruals.
- Manage activities and budget with relevant channel marketing agencies.
- Identify best practice across the channel marketing plans and opportunities to replicate.
- Anticipate the competitive activity both in the market and channels, and plan for such events to limit the potential negative effect upon Samsung B2B sales.
- Attending sales and team meetings to present plans and gather feedback.
- Organise and attend weekly/monthly/quarterly marketing planning meetings with the key Channel partners.
- Timely management of all admin tasks/reporting.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strategic acumen
- Action and delivery orientated
- Ability to handle multiple internal and external stakeholders and deliver on key projects
- Must be confident in delivering presentations to large audiences made up of Senior stakeholders and Customers
- Ability to seek out and build relationships across the channel contact matrix is a must
- Must be able to multi task and project manage large projects
- Must be a team player
- Must have initiative, be passionate, creative and self-motivated
- Ability to translate company and customer strategies into marketing plans that deliver growth
- Ability to navigate and thrive in complex and matrix organisation environments
- Always pays attention to detail whilst seeing the bigger picture
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role delivering channel marketing activities that drive channel growth
- Team Management experience would be preferable
- Ideally B2B2B Channel Marketing experience
- Must be able to demonstrate experience across the marketing mix
- Commercial ability to produce business case and ROI on marketing spend
- Experience in managing complex marketing budgets and processes
- High level of experience with MS Office, in particular PowerPoint and Excel
- Qualified up to degree level or equivalent
- Marketing qualification
- Telecoms background essential, ideally within hardware manufacturer, distribution, reseller or MNO environment