Cloud Risk Specialist - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group
It is a very exciting time to join Lloyds Banking Group. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers.
We're seeing the unprecedented changes in the banking sector brought about by shifts in technology, our customers' changing preferences and the evolving competitive and regulatory environment. So we're adapting, innovating and responding at pace to ensure we can continue to help Britain prosper and become the best bank for customers.
With the proliferation of Cloud Services in recent times the potential to deliver innovative, cost effective, scalable and quick-to-market business solutions has increased significantly. Gone are the days where substantial capital was required to build and maintain data centres to deliver IT services - the start-ups and FinTechs of tomorrow just need a great idea and an AWS subscription. Combine this with the Group's Strategic Review ambition of enhancing our digital capabilities, building on our multi-channel model, digitising the Group, modernising our data and IT architecture and the business case to consider Cloud services begins to write itself.
But if we consume a service from a 3rd party or Cloud Service Provider (CSP) how can we be sure it's robust and resilient?
If the 3rd party or CSP uses our data how can we be sure it's been appropriately secured?
You'll be joining our Operations Control team which sits within the Group Transformation, Service Operations and Change Implementation (SOCI) business unit. Additionally you'll be supporting 3 key areas; operational risk, strategic initiatives and central Risk activities. From a risk perspective we're the first line of defence and our aim is to understand, handle and mitigate operational risk.
The Cloud Assurance Team (CAT) is a new team which has been created to assess and assure 3rd party services as well as Group owned tenants on Cloud Service Providers (i.e. Azure, GCP, AWS).
Sound like your kind of place?
We're looking for a Cloud Risk Specialist who will be responsible for ensuring strong risk management processes and controls are in place for cloud risks across the Group and will support both strategic and operational decision-making by providing insight, challenge and support. You'll apply your technical understanding of cloud computing principles to redefine existing Group risks and controls, implementing an approach to risk management that aligns to the automated, iterative, infrastructure-as-code based environments the Group are building.
You could help make it possible...
You'll define and craft our approach to effective risk ownership and help us to drive risk reduction within a risk appetite. You'll play an active role as a member of the Cloud Assurance leadership team, leading on innovation, driving automation and simplification with particular focus on good communication and education to equip colleagues of the risk understanding required to utilise cloud computing robustly and securely.
What would you be getting involved with?
You'll report to the Head of the Cloud Assurance Team and will:
- Bring a strategic approach to the delivery of risk frameworks to support the use of 3rd party suppliers & CSPs, with an eye on developing the capabilities and skills required for the Bank of the Future
- Simplify processes, successfully identifying the components that make valuable contributions and challenging the ones that don't.
- Be a main point of contact (and challenge point) for risk assessments and audits.
- Create and deliver high quality outputs, articulating clearly the technical risks/issues in a clear and concise business language for use at senior executive level or by external parties (e.g. Regulators, Risk Committees).
- Lead and develop your team through driving a culture of continuous improvement & innovation in all areas to determine solutions which deliver better risk remediation and mitigation within risk appetite.
- Be a transformational leader with a solid background in Cloud Risk management, be values led and have a consistent track record of delivery.
- You'll have a strong problem-solving mindset to facilitate the needs of the business with an ability to work closely with a diverse group of partners across the business and 3 lines of defence
- Excel in drive, energy, commitment and integrity.
- Be recognised by peers as a subject matter expert and a highly skilled representative for the area.
Whilst ideally you'll be based in London, we do have an agile approach to working and could accommodate you being based in our Halifax hub.
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- Have a deep understanding of the external cloud environment and threat landscape.
- Technical understanding of cloud platform building blocks i.e. infrastructure-as-code, containerisation, microservices, serverless computing, etc
- A good understanding of Cloud Regulatory requirements in particular EBA guidelines that come into effect on 30th Sept 2019.
A technical understanding of one of more of the following CSPs - Azure, GCP & AWS would be very useful. Similarly, knowledge of Financial Institutions with an understanding of how traditional risks (legal, compliance, fraud, financial crime, IT, information Security, etc.) manifest themselves differently in Cloud environments would be beneficial.
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.