Finance Director - Flexible Working Available
There is an exciting opportunity to join one of Britain’s leading housebuilders. Bellway Homes is looking to recruit a Director who will take ownership of the Divisional budget and three year forecast.
Reporting to the Divisional Managing Director you will be responsible for developing the business plan for the Division along with the other functional Divisional Heads, ensuring this is in line with the Group’s strategic objectives.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Developing the business plan for the division with other functional heads within the division and ensuring it is aligned to the Group’s strategic objectives.
- Ownership of the budget and three year forecast for the division, ensuring it is accurate and well managed, and ultimately delivering it.
- Reviewing and challenging proposed land acquisitions, including areas such as the financial assumptions and VAT issues.
- Primary divisional contact for divisional HR, payroll, IT and fleet issues with support available from Group.
Reporting, controlling and operational
- Manage the interim and year end process with external auditors through to sign off for the division.
- Oversee all month end processes for the division and timely delivery of management information to both the divisional management team and Group.
- Treasury management – ensuring monthly and daily cash flow forecasts for the division are as accurate as possible.
- Accurately complete returns to Group such as at year end, half year end, budgets, pay review, bonus calculations, National Statistics and prompt payments.
- Management, compliance and overall responsibility for all taxes relating to the division. This includes VAT, CIS, payroll taxes and corporation tax.
- Regularly reviewing and ensuring the internal controls for the division are as strong as possible and that they incorporate all of Group’s requirements.
- Forecast valuations revenues in conjunction with the Sales Director for inclusion in the quarterly valuations.
Experience and skills
- Individual must have held a senior finance position out of practice for a number of years.
- ACA qualified.
- Experience of leading and managing teams.
- Excellent IT skills, specifically Excel and the ability to pick up bespoke systems.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Please apply by e-mail enclosing a copy of your CV and current salary.