Regional Network Planner
We’ve been a busy bunch, growing our network to include more homes and commercial premises than ever before. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions of homes and businesses.
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for a Network Planner that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
- Undertake the planning and design of all Virgin Media network elements (fibre, HFC, copper and transmission) on the Access Network for diversionary works and new build growth.
- Takes responsibility for the end-to-end planning of diversionary schemes /projects, including management of client relationship and financial accountability. Liaising with internal and external resources on major schemes applying a consistent project management methodology.
- Responsible for ensuring Virgin Media Core and Access network is protected and maintained through major engineering schemes and any service outages are kept to a minimum.
- Ensures cost effective, appropriate infrastructure and service capacity is available to meet the required levels of service whilst ensuring existing capacity is optimised and the lifecycle of the infrastructure is effectively managed.
- Takes a strategic and fundamental planning view on growing Virgin Media network to meet the demands of Network Expansion.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
- Proactively optimises network infrastructure and network capacity to engineering specifications and design guides.
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with key stakeholders both regionally and nationally.
- Manages customer relationships and expectations keeping the client fully informed.
- Ensures regular project progress review meetings take place with the client and internal stakeholders - enhancing the overall customer experience.
- Ensures project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- To identify any further opportunities that may extend the scope of profitable business beyond the current opportunity with the customer.
- Provides planning and cost information for input to CAPEX business cases as part of Virgin Media growth through Network Expansion.
- Provides technical guidance, coaching and mentoring for new starters including apprentices.
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Recognised as technological expert in functional area and provides expertise as a member of cross functional and virtual team
- Ability to demonstrate experience and confidence in representing the Business in front of the Customer
- Effective management of customer expectations (at all levels) through exceptional verbal and written communications
- Ability to manage change and resolve conflicts
- Full clean driving license is required to undertake this role
- Experience working with planning / design tools
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment HFC / FTTP or Diversions experience
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!