Working in a friendly and supportive fast-paced environment, you’ll survey, plan and design all Virgin Media network elements (Fibre, HFC, Copper and Transmission) on the Access Network, using the latest technology to deliver an amazing service to our customers. With loads of training opportunities and clear paths to progression, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Planner to really further their career.
Experience in networks infrastructure design, development, architecture or planning would be a definite advantage in this role. You’ll need to proactively manage your own work, and demonstrate knowledge and confidence when representing Virgin Media Business to our customer. An interest in becoming a technical expert would be an advantage, but a passion for technology and a desire to learn are an absolute must.
• Planning and design for the fibre, telephony, data, DTV and broadband access network, ensuring compliance with both Virgin Media specifications and current legislative requirements in order to meet customer delivery dates & all operational performance targets.
• Ability to operate as part of a technically astute access planning team with expertise in a variety of disciplines, supporting a diverse product set from to complex fibre (xWDM), SDH and PDH solutions.
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with our external and internal customers and suppliers (Sales, Networks, Business & Consumer customers).
• Ensure effective and efficient support of Business customer projects to meet project deliverables (time and budget) to agreed SLAs and Customer Required Dates.
• Plan access network upgrades) in line with national guidelines to agreed delivery dates.
• To assist the Geographical Information System (GIS) team in the updating, maintenance and production of accurate network records.
• To assist in the implementation of new network architectures, services and bespoke requirements.
• To carry out planning activities to ensure the delivery of Virgin Media Access Network.
• Ensure timely and accurate quality updates on all systems.
• To work with colleagues to ensure successful inventory management and financial analysis / cost control.
• Represent the department in a professional manner both internally and externally.
So what are we looking for?
• Focused on customer delivery.
• Experience operating in a customer centric environment and possession of excellent people management skills including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution.
• Aspire to Virgin Media Behaviours, Brand, Culture and Values at all times.
• Ability to work as part of a larger team.
• Flexibility to perform multiple duties, across multiple regions where required.
• Knowledge and understanding of telecommunications
“We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!