Senior Manager Ring Fenced Bank - Flexible Working Available
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
COO business risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK. We work collaboratively with the business areas we support (Group Transformation, Group IT, Group Sourcing & Chief Security Office) to identify, report and mitigate risks - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
We are committed to achieving this vision through a clear focus on the provision of expert risk advice & guidance, through developing and delivering an optimised control environment, through investing in developing our people and through the adoption of technology solutions to improve our effectiveness.
What would you be getting involved with?
- Embeds LBG culture, leadership and vision by role modelling behaviours, creating and agreeing stretching performance objectives, providing feedback and coaching.
- Identifies and assesses risks to ensure they are well managed within the Bank's risk appetite.
- Acts as a source of professional expertise to mitigate the potential for risk and ensures systems and processes are fit for purpose.
- Implements, or manages the implementation of, processes to deliver RFB Policy requirements - and oversight and assurance within business areas, agreeing remediation plans as necessary.
- A strong proven ability to create and deliver high quality outputs, articulating clearly the technical risks/issues in a clear and concise business language for use at senior executive level or by external parties (e.g. Regulators, Risk Committees).
- Analyses and evaluates a range of information to produce insightful analysis, recommendations and advice to influence decisions in relevant areas of the business in the context of RFB.
- Takes a positive approach when adapting to change and responding to different priorities and ways of working.
- Plans and executes agreed risk management projects to achieve continuous improvement.
- Brings passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- Loves problem solving and challenging the status quo with innovative ideas
- Is a highly motivated self-starter
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.