Estimator - Flexible Working Available
Talented people are the key to our success
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction business for an ambitious and talented Estimator.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated Team.
We are looking for an Estimator who has a wealth of knowledge in the main contracting market.
Experience of working on Educational, Healthcare, Leisure or Defence schemes between £5 and £20 million is an advantage.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
- Principally responsible for managing and preparing tenders from first principles and coordinating and challenging the input from the wider construction team including procurement, engineering and commercial, and supporting the bid management and quality submission requirements.
- Support the bid team to achieve deadlines
- Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends
- Identify and report on risk and opportunity and scope
- Develop tender strategy and continuously monitor
- Review and assess tender documentation ensuring all documents are received and are correct
- Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback to the bid team
- Conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents
- Degree educated, preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the use of first principles estimating
- A sound working knowledge of project management principles
- Awareness of current health and safety requirements and changes
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a project, site or area
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform
- Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously within compromising on standards and quality
About the Southern Team:
With a passion to serve customers, we have developed a professional approach where our people in Construction South are encouraged and rewarded to work as a team to achieve Perfect Delivery.
The success of this strategy to: find – win – deliver – repeat has yielded a healthy forward order book, giving us the stability to fully focus on strengthening our long-term work winning capability in our primary sectors of education, public sector frameworks, student accommodation, investment linked opportunities and defence.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.