CAD Technician - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
Read more about our Aviation work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/aviation
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Cad Technician within the Q6 Framework at Heathrow Airport.
As a Cad Technician you will work with engineering professionals at the concept, design and construction stages to develop effective solutions which meet project objectives, by using technical ability and CAD software to help identify potential solutions or problems.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
- Perform drafting operations for the determination of project plans and collect data for project designs
- Prepare complex drawings for engineering projects
- Develop and draft engineering drawings and plans, draft contract documents and generate correspondence for customers and managers
- Maintain communication with contractors, customers, engineers and the general public for any architectural, engineering or construction issues
- Perform fieldwork, documentation, research and drafting tasks of engineering data as requested by customers or managers
- Maintain up to date working and technical knowledge of all procedural and improvement changes to computer hardware and software applications
- Perform a range of special projects related to design as necessary
- Ensure that all designs are prepared in line with current health and safety applicable legislation and standards and compliant with CDM requirements
- Provide a point of contact for the location and provision of existing drawings
- Receipt and logging of drawings and information from outside organisations
- Creation of new and/or development of existing drawings
- Support the senior members of the CAD Team in the performance of their role
- Educated to degree level
- AutoCAD knowledge is essential
- Other 3D based software knowledge is nice to have but not essential. (Navisworks, Revit, Civils 3D etc..)
- Competent in excel
- IT literate
About the Heathrow Team:
Morgan Sindall is 1 of 4 Delivery Integrators working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projectors working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projects that include civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and building works throughout the footprint of Heathrow Airport. We have a long history of successfully delivering works at Heathrow Airport and our reputation has been founded upon this. We have over 200 employees, including a direct labour force delivering these projects and a well-developed and trusted supply chain. We have a plan for long term growth year on year and this is underpinned by our recruitment programme, including experienced managers, a graduate recruitment process and also strengthening of our self-performing capabilities through investment in apprentices. Looking forwards there is even greater opportunities at Heathrow Airport within the next expansion plans and further afield the 3rd runway development.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.