Community Manager - High Wycombe
We have an opportunity for a Community Manager to join the team based in High Wycombe. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis working 22.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday). In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 per annum pro rata plus flexible benefits.
Oxford Innovation operates a network of centres that provide flexible office and laboratory space and business support services to companies throughout the UK. Our clients are start-ups, high growth SMEs, investors and also public sector organisations that contract with us to deliver innovation centres and programmes to business.
The Community Manager role is key to creating a dynamic and engaged business community at the Innovation Hub. Working alongside the Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EiR) you will ensure our customers within the Hub receive an excellent customer service experience, are provided with an environment that encourages their growth and are part of a collaborative community of SMEs, business support organisations and the wider eco-system to support their growth.
What’s in it for you as our Community Manager?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Flexible working
- Charity Days
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (with the ability to increase or decrease when you need to)
- Contributory pension
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Bicycle purchase scheme
Key duties of our Community Manager:
- Lead on the creation and maintenance of a dynamic and engaged business community within the Hub(s)
- Support the EiR to deliver a wide range of community engagement activities including events, networking opportunities and social interactions to drive collaboration
- Undertake all aspects of sales, marketing and operational activities to attract new customers to the Hub and ensure retention of existing customers
- Deliver exceptional customer service levels, supporting the EiR and working with our central commercial and operations teams
- Be accountable for the financial and operational performance of the centre, including reporting on KPIs
- Overall management control and accountability for the financial and commercial performance of the centre
Our Community Manager key roles and responsibilities:
- Experience in the operational running of similar project, co-working or shared workspace or comparable operation is desirable or demonstrable transferable experience in a customer service / facing environment
- Clearly identifiable management skills in order to lead a team within a service environment, ensuring overall performance is maximised
- Evidence of negotiation skills within previous roles
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with a desire to contribute to the company more widely
- An interest in enterprise, entrepreneurial activity and in working in a lively, dynamic business environment
- A keen technology and IT user, adept at social media and communication on and offline
- Able to motivate, lead and delegate tasks to the team
- A confident and enthusiastic person able to mix with all types of people and to provide a friendly, natural professional public image
- Client and customer services focussed
If you would like to join our team as our new Community Manager then please click ‘apply’ today, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.