IT Procurement and Vendor Manager - Flexible Working Available
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices. We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are looking to recruit a Procurement and Vendor Manager to join our growing IT team. As Procurement and Vendor Manager, you will be accountable for the IT Category to include sourcing, contracting, managing and auditing of the new and existing suppliers (with internal stakeholder management), to ensure business requirements are delivered on time, to budget and with agreed contract terms, alongside achieving the agreed individual and team savings targets. You will ideally have experience of setting up an IT Procurement function and will have good vendor management skills.
Responsibilities / duties:
* Develop Category Strategy, implement and roll out to achieve targets agreed on presentation & sign off
* Supplier sourcing and management (risk identification & mitigation)
* Internal and external communications / negotiations
* Contract negotiation (within category)
* Responsible for executing the Procurement Road map
* Actively working to ensure that all category suppliers stay and perform within contract and agreed terms
* Responsible for regularly monitoring category supplier's performance, reviews, audits, monthly reporting and escalating / taking appropriate action
* Relationship management - building and maintaining supplier relationships through regular face to face supplier meetings
* Continual monitoring and achievement of savings targets
* Project planning & coordination
* Procurement Policy and procedures development, communication and compliance consistency
* Continuous Improvement
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Skills / qualifications
* CIPS qualification (desirable)
* IT Procurement / project experience is desirable
* Proven experience working within Procurement department (ICT experience and/or background (and IT related qualifications a bonus))
* Experience of working across multiple IT disciplines, Hardware, Applications, SAAS, Telecoms, Managed Services
* Experience in measuring outcomes in terms of relevant performance indicators, and reviews the robustness of the processes that are being used to deliver the service
* High degree of commerciality and professionalism
* Strong organisational (and supporting administrative) skill set - able to plan, prioritise and execute methodically
* Self - starter; able to work on their own and contribute as a team
* Change Champion and catalyst - proactive solution provider
* Appreciation for Process and adherence - with a drive for Continuous Improvement
* 'Can Do' attitude with a commitment to seeing things through to delivery * Strong stakeholder / relationship management expertise - able to influence at all levels and challenge professionally
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Flexible working will be considered.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community. We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.