Accounts Payable Clerk
Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (4th place) and the UK's first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
Willmott Dixon has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our group finance team based in Letchworth. Our offices are just a 5 minute walk from Letchworth train station.
As an Accounts Clerk at Willmott Dixon you will work as part of the accounts payable team. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Achieve accurate entries of costs into the relevant business unit's ledgers.
- Achieve controlled payment of invoices to suppliers.
- Maintain legible files & electronic archive in good order.
- Aspire to the highest standards of accuracy.
- Supplier statement balances controlled.
- Customer care principles adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with HM Revenue & Customs and Willmott Dixon standards.
- Meet deadlines by a well organised workload.
- Consider fellow team members.
- Communicate information within Team.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Excellent understanding of Excel.
- Previous proven experience of processing invoices.
- Good attention to detail.
- Confident telephone manner
- Good Communicator
- Outstanding customer service skills
- All round team player
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.