Head Office Accountant - Flexible Working Available
Bellway is a FTSE 250 house builder, headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 70 years ago, into a respected national brand, selling over ten thousand homes a year.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Head Office located in Newcastle upon Tyne is looking to recruit a Head Office Accountant to join the Group Finance Department.
The role of Head Office Accountant will report to the Group Finance Manager.
Principle accountabilities of the role include:
- Effective management of a team of 4 who process all of the Head Office entity invoices and control several divisional activities.
- Managing the month end close process for all Head Office entities including prepayments, accruals, maintaining the fixed asset register, balance sheet reconciliations and other required journals.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, supporting schedules and commentary for all Head Office entities.
- Preparation of half yearly financial reporting packs and communicating with the auditors.
- Preparation and management of the budget and forecast for all Head Office entities requiring liaison with cost centre owners across the business.
- Preparation of pension scheme accounts.
- Analysis of weekly sales reports.
- Consolidation, review and analysis of divisional information.
- Producing other ad-hoc financial reports for management.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working as an Accountant in a fast-paced environment with strict reporting deadlines.
- Experience of preparing management accounts.
- Experience of effectively managing and leading a team
- Experience of working within construction or housebuilding is desirable.
Qualifications and Training
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with industry experience.
Skills and Aptitude
- Sound communication and listening skills.
- Good administration skills.
- Ability to work on your own as well as part of a team.
- IT literate, with high proficiency in Excel and the ability to adapt to new systems.
- Confident communicating information to non-financial employees and senior stakeholders.
- Proactive attitude to problem solving and willingness to undertake work of all levels.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion.
The Role and Working Conditions
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
- Office based role with ad hoc travel as and when required
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com , enclosing a copy of your CV and current salary.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.