Quantity Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Northern Home Counties Construction business for an ambitious and talented Quantity Surveyor.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated commercial staff.
We are looking for quantity surveyors who have a wealth of knowledge in the main contracting market.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
We are currently working on large and exciting projects such as the following: https://www.morgansindall.com/news/morgan-sindall-group-agrees-%C2%A32bn-property-delivery-joint-venture
- Maintain commercial information to the contract, satisfying the needs of both the customer and Morgan Sindall in terms of reporting contract commercial performance.
- Contribute to achieving the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting
- Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually, in order to secure full entitlements under the contract
- Understand fully the customer’s needs and ensure effective relationships are built and maintained by consistently high customer service and on site delivery
- Provide support to the site team on contract requirements
- Identify, secure and deliver the business forecast in both turnover and margin
- Place subcontract orders in accordance with the main contract and manage subcontractor accounts ensuring payments are timely and correct and any other commercial issues are resolved
- Monitor subcontractor against programme
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting
- Practical knowledge of forms of contract
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
- Knowledge of the procurement of sub-contractors
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors with little supervision
- Knowledge of effective cost allocation management
Morgan Sindall Construction London and Home Counties
With a passion to serve customers we have developed a professional, understated approach, where our people in London and Home Counties are encouraged and rewarded to work as a team to achieve Perfect Delivery.
The success of this strategy to: find – win – deliver – repeat has yielded a healthy forward order book, giving us the stability to fully focus on strengthening our long-term work winning capability in our primary sectors of: education, public sector frameworks, civic buildings, investment linked opportunities and healthcare.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.