Receptionist - Part Time
Bellway is a FTSE 250 house builder, headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 70 years ago, into a respected national brand, selling over ten thousand homes a year.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Thames Gateway Division is looking to recruit a part-time Receptionist to join the Division’s Administration team.
Principle accountabilities of the role include:
- Meeting and greeting all guests, ensuring they receive a warm welcome;
- To always portray a friendly, professional and courteous demeanour;
- Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of your reception area.
- Efficiently report any cleaning, maintenance, IT or H&S concerns to the office manager;
- Answer all internal and external telephone calls in a timely, professional, warm and friendly manner;
- Assist others with general administration, typing reports, letters and ordering stationery.
- Ensuring post is sent daily.
Please note that the Thames Gateway division (Orpington, Kent) will be moving in the foreseeable future to the Dartford area.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working as a receptionist.
Qualifications and Training
- GCSE Maths and English – Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Skills and Aptitude
- Good administration skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, remaining focused and motivated
- A ‘can do’ positive attitude
- IT literate, with the confidence to learn new systems quickly and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Monday to Friday: 12.30pm – 5.30pm
- Flexibility to cover the morning receptionist as and when required.
- Lone working
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
Please apply by e-mail, enclosing a copy of your CV and current salary.