Senior Design Manager
- Contract Type
- Contribute to detailed design work which may include overseeing the preparation of drawings and tender documents and coordinating architectural design, detailing and specification writing within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that all architectural and/or mechanical design works are carried out in accordance with company procedures and "best practice" standards.
- Participate in the development and review of design parameters and principles which may involve coordinating design work between disciplines, preparing front-end feasibility studies and concept designs, monitoring and ensuring the quality, efficiency and completeness of architectural design solutions.
- Maintain current knowledge and keep abreast of emerging developments, trends and applicable current legislative requirements affecting all aspects of architectural design, providing technical expertise in the development and/or review of policies and procedures in relation to architectural structures and systems to ensure the delivery of effective and innovative solutions and high quality installations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, liaising with project teams at an operational level throughout the entire project to ensure that clients requirements and objectives are met.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an architectural related discipline, combined with an advanced knowledge of role.
- Experience in using computer design and architectural design presentation software packages and/or expert knowledge of Construction, Property Development and/or Retirement Living industries and relevant legislations.
- Experience in working on design and development projects with an emphasis on the production and preparation of specifications and in the area of planning and conceptual building design with strong understanding of modern building materials, building services systems and construction principles.
- Problem solving, planning, organising and analytical skills with the ability to guide and coach others in the resolution of complex problems and manage competing priorities, work effectively and deliver quality results within strict timeframes.
- Good interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Competencies include; Interpersonal Ability, Planning and Organising, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.