Finance Services Specialist (Part-time Maternity Cover)
Virgin Media is currently searching for a Finance Services Specialist to work within our Finance Services/Contractor Payments team here in Bradford on a part-time basis for 22.5 hours per week, across 3 days to cover a Maternity Cover contract.
What’s the purpose of this role?
Within this role, you will report into the Contractor Payments Lead. You will act as the main point of contact for any queries or escalation coming into the Finance Services, whether from our off-shore team, external stakeholders or work stream owners. You will ensure prompt resolution of all escalated queries and provide timely feedback to our stakeholders whilst working effectively across internal teams to resolve queries and implement better ways of working to improve efficiency across processes. For this role you will need to be a business relationship expert, representing Finance Services to our key stakeholders.
Some travel will also be required across Virgin Media sites within this role, in order to build rapport and relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers, as well as for the purposes of attending meetings as and when required – this is likely to be once a month but could differ depending on business needs.
What does the job entail?
Your duties will be wide ranging in this role, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring First Time Resolution of applications for payment, providing feedback to the off shore team to support up skilling of the Contractor Payments and Planning Validation Team.
- The aim is to reduce the amount of direct emails and phone calls we receive within our team by driving resolution on pending applications and working closely with the off shore team to resolve and receipt application..
- Arranging Finance Calls with Contractors Partners to review pending application, being the main point of contact in driving resolutions.
- Facilitate meeting to discuss and resolve process issues or areas of concern where this is impacting our application for payment.
- Where processes are not aligned and causing the Contractor Payments Team rework, work with key business stakeholders to resolve and implement better ways of working.
- Provided high level summary and analysis to our contractor Partners on pending applications/ weekly payments processed by ING (Vendor Finance) etc.
- Work closely with Financial Accounts Team to ensure Payment Corrections are processed within SLA and ensure information is provided in a consistent manner.
- Ensure when a process changes occur we keep off shore team fully informed and act as the main point of contact.
- Participate in departmental projects where changes may impact the Contractor Payments Team, drive automation where applicable, provided constructive feedback on how we can improve current ways of working.
- Support Off shore team in hitting their Monthly SLA’s by supporting best practice process
- To achieve and maintain an agreed level of quality and provide ongoing support.
- Be responsible for keeping up-to-date with changes in company procedures, regulations and processes complying with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), where appropriate
- Embrace further training as required to support the delivery of an ever developing On shore / Off Shore model.
Where does this job sit within Virgin Media?
This role is part of our Corporate Support Division, which includes the following centres of excellence: Corporate Affairs, Finance, Group Risk, Legal, People, Property and Facilities, and Virgin Media Shared Services. We are relationship focussed people and our aim is to partner with the business to drive, promote and embrace important and impactful organisational growth.
What’s in it for you?
If you join us as a Finance Services Specialist we would want you to:
- Have demonstrable experience of using Oracle Ledger Modules
- Have the ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure whilst working interpersonally or as a team player
- Have great communication skills – this is a must for this role, and ideally you will be confident in building rapport and relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Take a numerate approach and have great attention to detail
- Be proficient in utilising Excel, Word and MS Outlook
- Have proven ability to flex across a number of conflicting issues within a large transactional team, and the ability to work to tight deadlines and resilient
- Some knowledge of Lean Sigma performance and quality methodologies within a transactional environment (desired, but not essential)
- Accounts Payable experience is essential for this role
This is fantastic opportunity for you to develop and grow within our Accounting Services team. In return we will offer you the opportunity for training and development to help you lead and develop your career in the direction you want to. You will receive structured reviews with a focus on what you are looking to achieve.
Other great information
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!