- Contract Type
An opportunity exists for an experienced Commercial Manager to join our contract working rail infrastructure in London. The contract is part of a wider regeneration scheme including new housing, retail and station works. Amey are engaged in Design and constructions works associated with Rail Systems works in support of the overall scheme. The Contract is worth c70m and is due for completion in 2021.
You will be joining an existing and successful commercial team responsible for delivering c£50m per year through NR's Central Panels Framework Contract. You will be supported in your role and by joining this team access the career development opportunities provided by the Framework and by the wider Amey Business
As Commercial Manager you will be predominantly responsible for aspects of the contract related to commercial management of the designers. You will be consistently implementing best commercial practice through production of cost plans, risk management and tracking of key construction quantities through the development of the design. You will also be supporting the reporting requirements to both internal and external stakeholders as well as production of KPI's.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Supporting procurement to ensure best value for the project
- Proactively managing risk & opportunity
- Assessing interim and final applications for payment from subcontractors and providing timely notices in accordance with the subcontract agreements
- Assessing subcontractor entitlement to change and valuation of the same
- Pro-active cost management and supporting package leads with financial and commercial matters
- Providing accurate cost forecasting and monitoring for variance using CPI and SPI indicators
- Attending regular project and engineering meetings for identification of commercial impact and providing commercial support where required
- Identifying change, preparing quantum and appropriately demonstrating entitlement to client
- Providing input to the project commercial lead for internal and external reporting
What we're looking for?
This exciting opportunity would suit an experienced Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager who is able to work autonomously, or with minimal supervision. The nature of the role means that the individual will need a mature approach and broad ranging experience to ensure the successful delivery of medium-high risk/value packages. Ideally you will be from the construction sector with a background in surveying/engineering, although candidates from other sectors /backgrounds with transferable skills will be considered.
This role will be based out of Cricklewood in London.