Finance Manager -Part Time & Flexible Working Available
City Year UK is seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to the fixed term role of Finance Manager for a six-month maternity cover.
Position: Finance Manager (Maternity Leave Cover)
Location: Angel, Islington, London with some travel to other offices outside London
Hours: 28 hours per week (0.8 of FTE)
Salary: £34k-£36k per annum pro rata depending on experience
Contract: Six months’ maternity cover starting late July 2019 with the potential to extend a further 3 months
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (pro rata for fixed term), employee matched pension contributions, interest-free season ticket and cycle to work loans available, excellent employee assistance programme and free eye tests, Flexible working arrangements available
Closing Date: 5pm on 3rd July
The Finance Manager is short term cover for a key process driven role in the day-to-day finance function and reports to the Financial Controller. The role is to ensure accurate and timely reimbursements to volunteers and suppliers through Sage Line 50 as well as completeness and accuracy of accounting records and preparation of monthly management accounts.
As Finance Manager you will be a qualified Accountant with experience in a fast paced Finance rolein the charity sector. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
You will also have:
- A full or part CCAB qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA)
- Experience of working within the Charity sector
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financial controls and operational management
- Strong IT knowledge including advanced MS Excel including pivot tables and v-lookup formula, Sage accounting software and ideally experience of using Salesforce CRM software (though not essential)
- Have strong leadership skills with experience of managing a small team/individual
- The ability to interpret and analyse complex data and will be a strong and confident communicator with a can-do attitude
- Experience of change management and delivering efficiencies in financial processing
- A strong commitment to City Year UK’s cause and values
- A professional manner and good networking skills
Work for an amazing organisation that supports and develops its team and offers some amazing staff benefits including flexible working opportunities. If you want to make a real difference and believe that young people can change the world, we want to hear from you!
About the Organisation
City Year UK is a youth social action charity which challenges 18 to 25-year-olds to tackle educational inequality through a year of full-time voluntary service. As mentors, tutors and role models in schools, they support pupils growing up in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the UK.
You may also have experience as a Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Senior Finance Officer, Finance, Accountant.