Senior Planning Engineer - Rail - Flexible Working Available
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com .
About The Team
Our UK Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works on programmes including Network Rail Northern and Central Programmes, HS2, Crossrail and renewals and enhancement schemes across Network Rail Routes.
Representing approximately 16% of our global business, the railway sector is one of Arcadis core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150-year history. We have an enviable reputation for delivery of some of the UK’s, and indeed the World’s, most prestigious and challenging schemes. We have been involved in all major rail programmes since the 1980s including the Jubilee Line Extension, West Coast Main Line, Thameslink, Crossrail, IEP, HS1, Northern Hub, HS2, and Euston Redevelopment.
We are focused on working with our clients to help them achieve the best possible outcomes from their built and natural assets. As a result of our continuing success, we are now keen to significantly grow our Rail Teams, specifically to work on our HS2 Main Works Civils contract for Sections C2 and C3, currently progressing through Scheme design and on to Detailed design during 2019/20.
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, as the Project Planner you will to ensure that the commercial planning and risk management of the allocated Rail projects are carried out to optimise sustainable business profitability.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored to ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Overview of Role:
To provide support and guidance from a Planning perspective across multiple live project and for tender programming purposes. To steer and guide the Project Management team in the best principles in planning and having an engineering background would be most imperative.
The main purpose of the role is to:
• Provide Planning support and guidance across multiple live projects and for tender programming purposes. To take ownership for managing and maintaining the planning / scheduling
• To deliver a programme, workstream and project view of an integrated strategic schedule.
Person Specification / Qualifications:
• Proven Project Management experience in planning, scheduling, cost engineering with Expert level.
• Proven experience using Primavera essential (version P6 essential. P8 advantageous)
• Strong Transport sector experience.
• The Ability to follow verbal and or written instructions.
• The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and stakeholders.
• Able to analyse the programmes submitted by contractors and merge and assess the fully integrated programme. Identify blockers and work with the Project Team and Contractors alike.
• Extensive EV Management – working with Contactors and in house alike to establish the development and management of CPI & SPI monitoring.
• Claims and Delay/Forensic Analysis capability, to drive and analyse the impact of changes and variations against the agreed baseline programme. Ability to display and share this message with commercial and Project teams by way of documentation of claims and delays.
Good knowledge of engineering/design scope, job working instruction / procedures, good project control practices in planning and scheduling and overall awareness of projects in the field of transportation industries.
As much of the reporting, data analysis and updates are primed utilising excel, the applicant will be highly competent in the use of excel with a detailed knowledge and experience of using various formulas, including:
• Countif Array
• Sumif Array
• Pivot Table and
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
:Design & Engineering