Associate Technical Director – Ecology - Flexible Working Available
2 days left
- Contract Type
The Exciting Opportunity
If you’re an experienced Ecologist, who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join our Ecology team as an Associate Technical Director and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional.
Arcadis are involved in a variety of large and interesting projects, including Highway and Rail Schemes, Power Stations, Electrical and Gas Infrastructure, and Residential Developments, and are working for a wide selection of clients based throughout the UK, such as EDF Energy, National Grid, Homes England, Environment Agency, Transport for London, Network Rail, The Canals and Rivers Trust and Housing Associations.
Overview of Role:
• Improve knowledge and practical skills (based on CIEEM’s competency framework) through on-the-job learning, affiliations and through continuing education/training, and to become either a specialist in one or more areas or have a wide range of generalist skills
• Be proficient in commercials aspects of project management, and manage selected projects (or parts of projects), meeting budgetary, quality and timeframe targets
• Contribute towards the achievement of Arcadis’ business plan
• Promote and market all facets of Arcadis’ services during interfaces with clients and colleagues in other sectors/Arcadis offices, and become more familiar with the ecology team’s position within Arcadis
• Build and consolidate networks within the industry.
• Leading ecological field surveys and undertaking the analysis of survey results
• Overseeing ecological aspects of site work
• Carrying out site practical habitat creation/management work
• Assessing the impacts of proposed developments or changes in land management, developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts and devising monitoring schemes
• Producing survey reports, Environmental Statement chapters, licence applications and other similar documents
• Carrying out research projects, reviews of documentation and/or statistical analyses
• Taking responsibility for managing large complex projects and bids, including resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing risk, quality assurance, client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
• General administrative/management tasks relating to project quality, Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) issues (including risk assessment)
• Attending project-related meetings and providing advice to clients
• Consulting with statutory and non-statutory consultees
• Working in collaboration with other sectors in Arcadis, providing technical advice
• Complying with Arcadis’ s procedures for project management, data management / security, IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) and copyright issues
• Carrying out a regular programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and training in Arcadis procedures
• Providing leadership/training to junior staff
• Promoting Arcadis’ visions and values through their own behaviour
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your Line Manager or other senior Arcadis staff
What You have to Offer:
• Relevant first degree and / or second degree in relevant field
• Full driving licence
• Full member of CIEEM
• Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist
• Accomplished in a number of ecological specific topics
• Hold species-specific licences
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health, safety, environment and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given our client focus, a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.