Senior Quantity Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
Looking for a different type of opportunity to develop and grow?
If you’re a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Consultant who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join our Cost & Commercial Management team and you’ll discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional, not on squeezing you into a corporate box. In this role, you’ll provide Professional Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services to a high-profile Property and Commercial clients.
Overview of Role:
You will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. Successful candidates will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
- Provide support to Team Leaders, Service Leaders in the delivery of Property led developments; carry day-to-day delivery responsibility and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the coaching and development of subordinate team members in the delivery of service excellence.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilise and embed Arcadis best practice tools and processes including the use of technology to support delivery.
- Be able to interpret a brief from a client or senior manager and convert same into a delivery plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to take ownership of small / medium sized projects or significant components of larger Cost Management assignments.
- Understand and comply with business risk and project delivery parameters including compliance in respect scopes of service agreed by others.
- Capture and share knowledge and be involved with the development of service improvement and innovation.
- Be a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role as part of persona development planning.
What You have to Offer:
- Candidate to be able to demonstrate, having taken a substantial role in delivery of medium to large projects (£10m to £100m+), ideally with experience of Property clients.
- Excellent pre and post contract technical cost and commercial management skills.
- Articulate in written and oral communication.
- Excellent prioritisation and self-management skills and ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- An in-depth knowledge of different construction processes.
- Strong knowledge and record of accomplishment in the application of IT based solutions
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services.
Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe.
We are 27,000 people that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary.
- Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell.
- One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Matched pension, up to 8%.
- Flexible Benefits.
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan.
- Annual Professional Subscription Paid.
- Life Assurance.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave.
- Long Term Service Awards.
- Discretionary Bonus.
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make.
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline.