Application Support Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are looking to recruit for an Application Support Analyst to join our Application Services team. The main purpose of the role is: -
- To make sure that IT policy is communicated within their teams and that it is followed.
- To give first class support to users on the assigned applications.
- To ensure that all IT requests that are outside of the remit of the role are passed to another member of the team to deal with efficiently.
Within the role your main responsibilities and duties will include: -
- Effectively and efficiently provide Application Support across all LCO users using the IT SM (Service Management Tool) logging system.
- To work with the Digital Business Partner and to follow in accordance with IT objectives, values and standards.
- To operate as the conduit of information and feedback between LCOs, IT and their manager.
- Adhere to Change Control policy and procedures across the Willmott Dixon IT estate.
- Ensure that WD IT policy is communicated to their user base and to ensure that they adhere to all WD group policy.
- Ensure that all legal and legislative requirements in relation to IT are adhered to and followed.
- Ensure internal and 3rd party applications comply with Cyber Essentials+.
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and managers expectations.
- Ensuring potential bottlenecks are raised with line manager.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Technical / operational
Proven experience of:
- Application support
- ITIL processes
- SQL Server Database Administration
- IIS Administration
- Relational database theory and SQL
Proven experience of:
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans
- Ensuring support teams understanding of IS protocols and Procedures.
- Proactively liaising with users in non-technical manner.
- Managing difficult users.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- ITIL Foundation
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.