Scheme Interface Manager – Network Rail - Flexible Working Available
Network Rail is revitalising Britain’s railway. We are embarking on some of the most ambitious and diverse feats of civil engineering the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain.
Our Network Operations team operate the railway day-to-day- delivering train paths, timetabling and train movements. They enable the safe performance and passage of our customers. By joining us, you'll be involved in guiding our business relationships with passenger operators, freight operators and our external commercial partners. Your customer focus and ability to educate and influence will ensure that our customers experience a safe, reliable railway every single day. Your work will contribute to the building blocks of engineering and operations improvement.
By joining our Asset Protection (ASPRO) department, you will have the chance to be work on projects requested and funded by external clients who wish to construct something over, under or near the railway. As we enter a new 5 year period of investment and development, we are looking to grow our ASPRO team with a scheme interface manager.
You'll present the “Front Face” of Network Rail to our external partners, and as such, have a responsibility in balancing client expectations and safeguarding the railway from any ill effects. This won't always be an easy task but you will be presented with the opportunities to grow your own skills and influence our improvement and project plans for the benefit of thousands. You can be proud knowing you will make a difference every single day.
As a scheme interface manager, your key focus will be seamlessly integrating the funded projects into the operational railway whilst minimising any disruptions to our passengers. Here your problem-solving ability will be invaluable. Your days will never be the same and some of your responsibilities will be:
- Building solutions on how to integrate the funded projects into the operational railway
- Liaise with our customers to facilitate compliance with our various governance processes – your powers of persuasion and influencing will be needed as our customer’s needs vary immensely
- Interrogate customers to understand the project needs and what is needed to integrate with business as usual operation
- Support your project teams to enable them to get the resources they need to make the project vision a reality
- You will communicate project achievements to all within Network rail and your project partners
- Working with your team you will devise strategies to minimise any disruption that will be felt by our freight and passenger customers
All of this sounds like a lot, and it is. Do not let this put you off; Network rail will give you the support to surmount any challenges you face. If you can answer “yes” to the below questions, you should apply now to start exploring how we can help you get to your career goals.
- Do you have strong project management skills within a railway environment?
- Are you working towards your PRINCE 2 or have a project management membership?
- Do you take pride in your schemes and are willing to be accountable in your work?
- Are you prepared to face challenges and take them in your stride?
- Will you manage the project budget, minimising spend where you can?
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life. We will welcome applications from individuals who would like flexible working or a job share opportunity.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal dedication to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We follow a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £39,514 – 44,453.
Network Rail is required to abide by UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 14-July-2019. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.