Tax & Treasury Director
Our client, a London based, data centre business is looking for a Tax and Treasury Director to lead and manage the income tax function and oversee the strategic development of treasury operations across Europe and Asia Pacific. The role will require the candidate to establish relationships with the Finance Directors of the Group’s UK and international subsidiaries and be able to work autonomously. This position will also participate in process improvement initiatives designed to: create efficiencies, develop/enhance the company’s compliance with the related controls, and provide business intelligence. Part of that function will require the development, communication and maintenance of group tax and treasury policies.
Reporting to CFO, this individual will provide support on:
- Preparing quarterly and annual income tax reports to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Assisting with the annual audit and quarterly review activities with the external auditors, including preparation of the tax-related financial statement disclosures.
- Managing all incoming tax authority notices and audits.
- Quarterly UK group corporate tax installment payments.
- Identifying and implementing any tax mitigation strategies.
- Acquisition tax due diligence and structuring together with post-acquisition integration.
- Multinational tax planning and structuring.
- Researching domestic and international tax issues as required.
- Managing transfer pricing.
- Liquidity management and cash flow forecasting across global entities.
- Ensuring suitable banking facilities are in place to meet the business objectives.
- Business restructuring and legal entity reorganisations.
- Managing FX risk and exposure as well as maximising visibility of overseas cash.
- Managing hedging facilities.
- Monitoring UK and international cash pool position and ensuring efficient operation of the pooling structures.
- Identifying and delivering working capital opportunities across the business.
Required Professional Experience & Education:
- 10-15 years post qualification experience at Tax Senior Manager / Director level.
- Ideally experience in the international tax team of one of the major accounting firms for at least five years.
- Data Centre experience preferred; real estate knowledge a plus.
- Experience in creating international group structures preferably in multiple jurisdictions.
- Good grounding in tax accounting and disclosures in financial statements including multiple jurisdictional consolidation and extensive experience with deferred tax.
- Fully up to date with the latest tax changes in Europe and Asia Pacific with a particular focus on interest deductibility, cash repatriation, withholding tax management and transfer pricing.
- Involvement in treasury management and preferably a member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers.
- A problem solving outlook.
- Good communicator : we need someone to make tax and treasury understandable to non-tax and treasury professionals.
- A willingness to gain knowledge of other UK taxes and tax systems to assist in issues that arise around the group.
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively; successful track record as both an information leader and team player when communicating strategies and policies.
Flexibility: 4-5 days a week
Salary: circa £90-110k FTE plus benefits
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks