Finance & Operations Assistant - Flexible Working Available
Are you an effective team member, who wants to contribute to social impact in education?
If you want to be part of an energetic, inspiring team, and benefit from opportunities for rapid growth, development and challenge, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a highly competent new member of the operations team. We need someone who pays attention to detail, is process driven and comfortable working with numbers and MS Office. The operations team is small and you’ll be reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, so you’ll need to be someone who can be relied on to get things done.
As we begin our next three-year strategy, the Finance & Operations Assistant will help run the ‘engine room’ of the organisation, ensuring all our core functions run smoothly so that we can drive systemic impact in education.
(1) Financial management
Manage day-to-day financial activities, including to:
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, processing invoices and payments.
- Be responsible for the team expenses process.
- Support Regional Managers and other department leads on budgeting and reporting.
(2) Human resources
Working with the Chief Operating Officer to support and develop Enabling Enterprise’s brilliant staff, including:
- Supporting effective recruitment of our rapidly growing team to ensure that we are able to attract the best talent.
- On-boarding all new staff including scheduling induction and completing requisite employment and reference checks.
- Organising training schedule for external and internal training.
(3) Office management
Ensure the smooth running of all Enabling Enterprise offices including to:
- Manage procurement of office consumables.
- Assist CEO and senior leadership with diary management.
- Lead on organising whole team meetings and events.
- Manage the day-to-day office operations.
(4) Organisational reporting
Supporting the team to effectively report on organisational performance against our goals, including:
- Supporting regional teams to monitor objectives and key results.
- Overseeing accurate and timely data collection by all team members.
Key Skills and Attributes:
The key skills and experiences that will be required for this job are:
- Excellent organisational skills, including rigorously following processes, organising events, updating tracking systems, and planning ahead.
- Financial literacy and numeracy, with a basic understanding of financial management or bookkeeping.
- Independent worker, able to take responsibility for completing tasks and managing different streams of work towards achieving organisational goals.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn, including pro-actively identifying learning opportunities and going the extra mile to achieve results.
- Resourceful, making the most of our time, skills and funds.
- Attention to detail, ensuring a high accuracy of outputs.
Terms & Conditions:
Salary: £23,000-£26,000 per annum (pro-rata based on 40 hour week)
Start Date: 26th August
Working hours: Flexible but ideally 24 hours per week
Holidays: 25 days per year (pro-rata), plus bank holidays
Contract length: Initially 2 years, probationary period of 6 months
Applications should be made via our online form - on completion of the online application please also send your CV by email to email@example.com. This round of applications ends at 9am on 21st July 2019 with interviews taking place on Thursday 25th July 2019.
Applicants are encouraged to explore our work at www.skillsbuilder.org before applying.
Enabling Enterprise is an equal opportunities employer, and actively encourages applications from all qualified individuals.