Community Investment Advisor - Flexible Working Available
Talented people are the key to our success
Contracted Hours - 22 hours per week (Days & Times to be discussed)
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
As community investment advisor – liaison officer you will manage, implement and coordinate Employment Skill Plans for Construction North West to meet framework and customer requirements. In addition to ESP’s the individual will be expected to build relationships with external organisations to support the delivery of these requirements.
As a Community Investment Advisor, you will:
- Implement and manage employment skill plans (ESP’s) for the region
- Provide support and assist teams in meeting ESP targets
- Provide reports on progress
- Identify new innovative ways to meet and exceed customer requirements
- Take ownership of ESP’s for the region.
- Collate and report back to framework managers on progress.
- Identify concerns and solutions to enable teams to deliver ESP’s
- Communicate to the wider business and produce case studies on the people element of Morgan Sindall’s sustainability strategy
- Build relationships with our customers on ESP’s
- Identify through networking and engagement with public sector bodies future social requirements relating to the construction sector.
- Qualified to degree level
- Possess confidence in communicating in an appropriate style to a wide audience
- Knowledge in and passion for sustainability issues and in particular the people element.
- Interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- IT literate
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- Experienced in designing and implementing new processes and procedures
About the Manchester and Liverpool areas:
Morgan Sindall is very active across the North West with a strong presence in Merseyside and Greater Manchester.
Recent schemes delivered in the North West region include Alder Hey - Institute in the Park Phases 1 and 2 £20m and Merseyside Police’s £46m Operational Command Centre in Speke. The company has also recently completed and handed over a flagship 148,000 sqft office building for Bupa at Salford Quays and a £16.6m extension to the Co-operative Academy school in the suburb of Blackley, North Manchester.
Morgan Sindall are currently on site constructing a new £46m Arts and Humanities building for Manchester Metropolitan University and a new multi-storey car park and residential scheme at Salford’s New Bailey development. In Liverpool they are currently working in partnership with Liverpool City Council on the Paddington Village scheme in the city’s Knowledge Quarter; the phase 1 infrastructure works are well underway with The Spine, a £35m commercial scheme housing the Royal College of Physicians Northern HQ, also now on site. Morgan Sindall has also been selected as preferred contractor for the new £64m Copperas Hill project with Liverpool John Moores University, the £35m CSE Building for University of Salford and on two key schemes for Manchester City Council – the £15m Hammerstone Road Depot and the £18m Gorton Community Hub.
With over £500m worth of opportunities in the immediate pipeline for our key clients including Merseyside Police, Peel, Liverpool City Council, Manchester City Council and University of Salford it is a very exciting time for the North West region with fantastic opportunity for sustainable growth
Our projects are delivered to the highest quality standards and our teams are exemplary in providing exceptional customer service; truly embracing the ethos of collaborative working. We are passionate and take pride in our projects which ensures that working with us is a positive experience. As part of our growth we are now looking for likeminded people to share in our passion and perfect delivery philosophy
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.