Digital Technical Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Do you love working with a variety of digital technologies? Can you translate challenging designs into easy to read documents? Do you thrive on delivering an amazing service to your colleagues? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Digital Technical Analyst, you will be part of our amazing Digital Engineering team, and you will work on looking after our digital platforms. You will play an important role in making sure that high level designs created by our architects are translated and understood by colleagues across the bank. You will support our developers in delivering projects, as well as building the necessary environments for them to work on.
So what will you be doing…
• Looking after our non-production digital environments and supporting developers with tools such as Jira, Jenkins and Confluence
• Understanding colleague requirements and translating them
• Documenting any newly built systems and making sure they are in line with our standards, principles and product specific guidelines
• Building infrastructure using existing APIs (application programming interface)
• Assisting architects by checking that their solutions are fit for purpose and meet the Banks needs
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• You will have good working experience within an IT operations role, ideally with some exposure to development
• We need you to have an in-depth understanding of Linux operating systems, as well as Tomcat/Apache web servers
• It would be fantastic if you could demonstrate the ability to use developer supporting tools such as JIRA, Jenkins or Confluence, as well as container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Naturally, you will be at ease with applying the correct API for building software applications
• You will be amazing at translating technical requirements into a language that colleagues can understand
• Experience with Microservices is really important for this role
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!