Services Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Are you an IT services champion? Can you guide colleagues on the right standards and policies? Do you want to be an integral part of the British Banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Services Engineer, you will be part of our Services and API team who provide support for integration projects, and aim to reduce our dependency on third party resources. Your team is the spine of the Bank, they make sure all our technologies are able to communicate with each other. You will enable colleagues to utilise information from various technologies that will enhance their capabilities to deliver on projects and create fans!
So what would you be doing?...
• Developing our capabilities to allow multiple systems to communicate with each other
• Building a better experience for colleagues and customers
• Implementing integrations and reusable building blocks
• Delivering key integration projects and high quality artefacts
• Keeping up to date on industry standards and up to date technologies
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• You will have experience as a services specialist, and you will have used IBM Integration Bus or IBM Message Broker, v9 or v10
• In order to excel in this role you must be able to use JSON, XPATH, XML data formats, structures and schemas
• Naturally you will have experience with web services such as SOAP/REST/Swaggers
• The ability to design and develop rules and event solutions is really important in this role
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!