Head of Commercial, Go-To-Market – job share/part-time
Virgin Media have the opportunity to employ a talented go-to-market leader on a part time/job share basis. We anticipate that you would be required to be in the office for three days per week.
You’ll be working as part of consumer’s commercial function, which acts as the architect of our revenue growth through propositioning, pricing, base management, customer strategy and forecasting. The team works cross-functionally to lead process design which creates our portfolio of profit-maximising products and bundles leading to growth in operating cash flow, increases our NPS and optimises ROI.
In role, you’ll be accountable for delivering the consumer go-to-market strategy including successful integration of products and propositions into the trading environment. You’ll lead a go-to-market team with a focus on setting direction for VM on product and proposition plans with clearly articulated benefits and positioning that achieves budget whilst remaining aligned to VM purpose.
- Direct the delivery of product and proposition change e.g. new propositions/products, bundles or Mobile tariffs. Work with the wider Commercial and Product Teams to define and deliver the GTM approach with a focus on achieving commercial benefits through excellent execution, good people management and strong leadership
- Align execution of trading and product launch activity across Commercial and Product teams, with a focus on establishing the product and proposition roadmap to ensure the short and medium term plans align to longer term activities. Build positioning with Brand, Marketing and Strategy teams that enables you to set the direction for the GTM team members
- Accountable for GTM approval of marketing material and managing any escalations when required.
- Review output from competitor reviews and lead on recommendations for improvements to VM product, proposition and trading activity. Lead the conversations with senior stakeholders to ensure a focus on continuous improvement.
- Work closely with PR and Internal Comms to share roadmaps, identify messaging opportunities and ensure a well-planned programme of activity to ensure excellent, and consistent, internal and external positioning of VM propositions, products and performance.
- Lead across wider Operational Teams, including liaising with senior stakeholders to ensure all GTM activity is fully supported, included in Operational forecasts and feedback has been considered in approach
- Accountable for ensuring commercial action based on Marketing feedback and results from launch and trading activity is considered within future plans.
- Work with wider Brand and Marketing teams to provide Commercial input into marketing strategy, updates on product and proposition development and ensure all launches and trading activity are aligned to VM purpose and marketing vision.
- Develop relationship with LG central teams and OpCo’s to ensure wider sharing of GTM approach and proposition roadmap is built into VM plans. Ensure VM input is received to establish a 2-way dialogue
- Share learnings across VM Senior Management to ensure Go To Market approach is optimised and continuously improving.
- Review budget and business case with Finance Teams on a regular basis, leading any action as a result
- Build strong relationship with Market Insight to identify trends both in and outside the UK. Expected to be involved in regular war gaming and strategy reviews to gain insight of competitors and provide recommendations on actions to be taken by VM.
Behaviours we’re looking for
- Demonstrable leadership qualities that reflect Virgin Media’s culture and promotes bravery, simplified solutions, optimism, zest, risk taking and connection across team, department and business
- Empathetic, approachable, and fair in dealings with colleagues at all levels – demonstrates a strong team mentality and able to build and maintain open and honest communication at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen and detailed understanding of the industry and key issues affecting our business
- Adept at operating in ambiguity and stepping outside the status quo with bold and original ideas that create growth
- Ability to see beyond the task to the overall purpose and engage people around a strategy, creating an energising and rewarding environment to work in
- Ability to exercise judgement to make timely and sound decisions regarding highly complex and broad scope issues as they relate to both people and the business
- Ability to lead and take responsibility and ownership of matters: delegating, constructively managing conflicting priorities under pressure, and maintaining a professional and positive manner to enable teams to deliver results
- Tenacity in delivering results and driving projects to completion
- Commitment to self development
Some of what we’re looking for
- Experience of a leadership role within a commercial environment
- Experience of managing across cross-functional teams in a matrix organisation
- Direct line management experience required
- Extensive consumer and commercial skills with extensive experience in proposition development and management with a track record of success
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!
We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!