Asset and Licensing Manager - Flexible Working Available
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are currently recruiting for an Asset and Licensing Manager, a key role sitting within our IT Department based at our Letchworth head office. The successful candidate will ensure that Willmott Dixon's software licence entitlement position and deployment position are understood and managed and that cases of under-licensing and non-usage are identified and resolved.
The role will be responsible for advising on the purchase and use of software, in each case in order to minimise expenditure on software and risk of non-compliance with licences, and to maximise return on investment in software.
* Advise on the software asset management approach for the business
* Provide regular insights and reporting to key stakeholders around licence compliance and usage, advising Technology leadership team on strategies
* Develop and maintain working relationships across all business units to ensure that software use is disclosed and controlled
* Develop and communicate the software usage policy
* Develop, communicate and maintain the Software Procurement Process together with the Procurement Team
* Regularly review software deployment and usage to identify and outline potential efficiencies and cost savings
* Evaluate, select and implement appropriate IT software asset management tools
* Manage the response to software vendor audit or license validation requests, in conjunction with legal and commercial colleagues
* Conduct software related supplier negotiations, and provide industry insight and detailed input on software entitlement and usage in order to inform software procurement activity and strategy
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Skills / qualifications
We need someone with education to degree level or equivalent experience with a certification in IT asset management concentrations (Software, Hardware or Mobile) from accredited organisations. You must have a significant amount of experience in software license procurement and management and experience of IT asset management inventory and discovery tools.
Essential technical skills we are looking for include asset management, licence management, risk management, operational support environment, corporate, industry and professional standards.
Essential competencies - we are looking for a good decision maker with great judgement, planning, organisation and strategic thinking skills. You must be self-motivated with good attention to detail and an ability to deliver under pressure.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consdier flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.