Assistant Finance Business Partner (Apprentice)
Length of employment
3 years with a possibility of an extension and/or permanency
Starting at 30 days per annum, pro-rata
Civil Service Pension Scheme
Interviews are expected to be held on the 27th August 2019
The postholder will play a critical role in assisting the Finance Business Partner in ensuring the delivery of high quality, effective and efficient financial services, in the finance, Portfolio and Performance team for the House of Commons.
This is a developmental role, supporting the Finance, Portfolio and Performance Team, HR & Diversity Team and the Speakers Office. The post holder will develop the skills needed to assist the Finance Business Partner in ensuring the delivery of high quality, effective and efficient financial services. To assist the Finance Business Partner in the collation, analysis and reporting of a variety of financial and performance and risk management information.
The HR and Diversity and the Finance, Portfolio and Performance Team is charged with providing efficient, accurate and customer-focused management of human and financial resources.
As part of this role the successful candidate will undertake a level 7 Accountancy / Taxation Professional Apprenticeship. The option to specialise in either ACCA or CIMA can be chosen on appointment.
The appointed candidate will be;
- Highly numerate with excellent spreadsheet skills and an attention to detail; ability to deliver a large volume of high-quality work;
- Have the ability to build effective relationships and gain the confidence of colleagues at all levels whilst upholding principles of diversity and inclusion. The ability to challenge, persuade and influence where appropriate;
- Have excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and organise workload to meet changing and competing deadlines whilst delivering to deadline.
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
- All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.