Assistant Service Manager - Flexible Working Available
An exciting opportunity for pro-active leader with experience of working in a social care environment.
Location: Maesteilo, Llandeilo
Salary: circa £11.19 per hour
Hours: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Full induction process, outstanding training opportunities, development and career progression, opportunities to gain recognised qualifications, free DBS screening, flexible working
About the role:
As Assistant Service Manager you will be responsible for supporting the service manager to set the culture of your service. Leading and inspiring the teams to ensure that everyone within it lives and breathes our client’s philosophy.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, some of your responsibilities will include:
- The provision of high-quality care by participating, observing and sharing experience.
- Ensuring that each person has person centred, philosophy driven and outcome focused care/goal plans that reflect assessed and personal needs.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with the company’s clinical governance and quality assurance systems.
- Lead and manage an empowered, engaged, motivated and highly effective care team.
- Assist the service manager to review variances to budget within your unit.
- Ensure employees rotas are cost effective and are appropriate for the needs of the people our client supports.
- Build good working relationships with regulator, Social Services Departments and any other external regulatory body.
- Manage annual and other inspections.
- Take responsibility for the unit you are in charge of to make sure you are meeting all regulatory and statutory requirements
As an Assistant Service Manager, you will need to be caring, energetic and organised in order to fulfil this role. You will have substantial experience of working in a social care environment and a minimum level 2 NVQ, Diploma or Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care or another relevant equivalent qualification.
Ideally, candidates will have previous experience in organising activities for groups of people and the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team. Management of staff, good IT and organisational skills are also essential for the role.
We very much welcome previous experience working as: Team Leader, Senior Home Carer, Senior Care Worker, Senior Health Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Senior Care Assistant, Home Manager, Deputy Manager, Service Manager etc.