Conference and Events Officer - Flexible Working Available
We're looking for an experienced, dynamic and motivated individual to join our clients Conference and Events team in the Marketing and External Affairs department, as Conference and Events Officer.
Position: Conference and Events Officer
Location: Bromsgrove or London
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: circa £23,000 per annum, circa £26,299 per annum (including £3,299 inner London weighting)
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 5 August 2019
Interview Date: 13 August and 14 August 2019
Reporting to the Conference and Events Manager, the Conference and Events Officer will support the delivery of a corporate events programme that engages and retains key audiences, delivers against cross organisational business objectives and supports delivery of a single-minded brand proposition.
The Conference and Events Officer leads on the delivery and evaluation of events with a specific focus on priority audiences including supporters, beneficiaries (stroke survivors, their families and carers) and health and social care professionals.
The Conference and Events Officer will
- Lead on the marketing, planning executing and evaluating of some of the charities biggest events.
- Provide event management expertise to colleagues within the Marketing and External Affairs and other Directorates.
- Focus on some of the leading events including our clients award winning Life After Stroke Awards, the UK Stroke Forum and UK Stroke Assembly, as well as other core events delivered by the Conference and Events team.
- Have a proven track record of conference, event and exhibition management.
- Have demonstrable experience of working with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Need to be a team player with excellent communication and people skills, be pro-active, flexible and resilient.
- Need to be able to work under pressure and be prepared to organise and manage a busy workload to meet deadlines.
There is also a requirement to work flexibly and travel to fulfil the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. Our client offers a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Our client believes everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. They provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also have experience as a Conference Officer, Conference Coordinator, Events Officer, Events Coordinator, Exhibition Coordinator, Exhibition Officer.