About Willmott Dixon
Willmott Dixon is a privately owned company which operates under three sister companies:
- Willmott Dixon - delivering large construction projects
- Fortem - support services and housing maintenance
- Eco World - property development
The Group has a turnover in excess of £1.4bn and over 2,500 employees. All parts of the business are supported from the head office in Letchworth Garden City which houses the main board and a range of support functions including Finance, Legal, HR and IT.
About the role
This role sits within the Accounting Team responsible for servicing the Group's operating business units, Management and Financial Accounting of the Group, assisting with a range of IT developments to improve the efficiency of reporting throughout the group and we are also currently in the process of setting up an internal audit function.
The main responsibilities of this role are in relation to the property development arm of the business and include:
- Maintaining the financial ledgers e.g. producing journals for sale completions
- Raising supplier payments and sales invoices
- Producing VAT and CIS returns
- Assisting with production of monthly management accounts
- Undertaking various reconciliations
- Producing quarterly financial consolidations
- Supporting the annual external audit process
- Production of statutory accounts
The role will also incorporate various central function routine tasks and accounting for other small group subsidiaries.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Strong Academic record.
- Part qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- Good working experience in using Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and Vlookups.
Key desired qualities
- Organised Efficient; completing tasks on time, every time
- Provide support
- Team player
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.