Customer Sales Advisor - Part Time
Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team
You are part of the Bath station team as you book on and off at Bath Spa ticket office. Your role then sees you take the train to Keynsham station where you will work by yourself with responsibility for Keynsham station, until you return on the train to Bath Spa to book off.
About the job
As a Customer Sales Advisor you will confidently and impartially sell the full range of tickets and services, including processing high volumes of sales, whilst exceeding our customer's expectations.
What you'll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Being dedicated to our customer's needs
• Accurately and impartially selling the full range of products and services to our customers in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
• Maximising opportunities for increased sales by adopting selling techniques and offering enhanced products to customers
• Carrying out routine maintenance and cleaning of ticket machines and IT equipment
• Accurately completing all accountancy and other associated documentation
You'll need to be:
• Able to deliver extraordinary front line customer service
• Able to understand customer requirements and expectations
• A self-starter with a can do attitude
• Confident when decision-making
• Calm yet directive
• Able to work to strict procedures
As a minimum you'll need to have:
• The ability to work as part of a team or independently
• Evidence of numerical ability
• Attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
The salary for this role is £24,716 per annum.
About the location:
Keynsham is very much a commuter based station and you will get to know your daily commuters very quickly. The station not only serves Keynsham town but also a large part of south-east Bristol as it is located near the southern end of the A4174 ring road. The number of commuters is ever increasing given the close proximity of Keynsham High Street and also the large new housing / office development at the Chocolate Quarter.
Booking on & off at Bath Spa, 0600-1030, Monday to Friday.
varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.