IT Security Analyst
Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South Wales, the West Country, the Cotswold and large parts of Southern England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the team
The GWR IT security team is a part of the GWR IT team who technically manage the IT systems and client devices at GWR. We manage the Windows and Linux HP servers, virtual servers and VMware platforms across a wide geographic area, two data centres plus a presence in Azure and AWS. We also manage the client side mobile, laptop and desktop estates. The team is also responsible for systems access management, application delivery, client security and remote access. We utilise AD, AAD, Zenworks, Office 365, DFS, Citrix, Always-On, plus other systems and security tools to accomplish this.
About the job
The IT Security Analyst, is a new dedicated role, created to assist the IT Security and Infrastructure Manager maintain the current security estate whilst also delivering a range of security enhancements across the business.
What you'll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To take pro-active and re-active steps against known IT security threats on the GWR estate.
- Work closely with Firstgroup IT Security Analyst to help GWR IT team keep abreast of new and current security threats.
- Help manage the various security solutions used by GWR, such as Mimecast, SCCM, SEPM, Zscaler and Tenable.io
- Represent GWR on Firstgroup security calls with IT Security Manager.
- Create weekly and monthly security compliance reports.
- Work closely with IT technical team to help maintain high Windows patching and AV definition compliance across the GWR IT estate.
- Remediate client devices that have problems installing Windows patches and AV definitions.
- Help the IT Security Manager develop further SIEM and SOC process enhancements.
- Help the IT Security Manager maintain Legacy OS register, PAM register, 3rd party device register, external file-sharing register amongst others.
- Help maintain pen testing, vulnerability scanning, Wi-Fi Scanning, IRP testing, DR & BC playbook testing.
You'll need to be:
- Flexible to cover IT security and work demands out of hours.
- Able to work and multitask under pressure
- Have a strong desire to learn railway systems and procedures
- Keen to keep up to date on all aspects of IT security.
- Strong ability to work closely with the IT technical teams and associated partner suppliers.
- Able to display common sense, initiative, good communication skills, flexibility, reliability and trainability
- Capable of project managing and being technical lead on small security based technical projects.
As a minimum you'll need to have experience and/or qualifications in:
- Threat awareness, analysis and response
- SIEM and SOC processes
- Creation of IT security reports and a deep understanding of these reports
- Management of Firewalls, Email and Internet security solutions
- Microsoft SCCM configuration and management
- Symantec SEPM configuration and management
- Microsoft Office 365 Products
- Communicating well with all levels of an organization regarding IT security.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, and an Employee assistance programme.
About the location:
We are based in the GWR HQ in Milford House in Swindon although occasional travel throughout the GWR area may be required at times.
9 to 5 standard working day.
We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, working to very tight deadlines, manage multiple activities at the same time together and prioritise their own workload and time commitments. The ability to communicate and listen well at all levels of the organisation is fundamental as is the desire to provide a high-quality IT support service.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.