IT Technician - Iconic Central London location
Everyone at Amey works together towards this common aim, which we call our 'Better Places' goal. We're a commercial business which focuses on helping our customers to serve Britain. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.
Today we are one of the most diverse companies in our sector. So at Amey you can grow in a specific sector or broaden your horizons by applying your skills to a new sector. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer
As part of a PFI contract Amey delivers Soft Facilities management services to the Ministry of Defence at their London Headquarters building Main Building. Based at Main Building on the bank of the River Thames, you will have short walks from a number of underground stations making for an easier commute.
We are currently seeking an IT Technician to join our team at the Amey MoD Whitehall Contract. You will be responsible for providing support and systems maintenance/development of the Amey IT Systems at MoD Main Building. The successful candidate will be the fifth member of the team, will be flexible and proactive in their approach to work.=
What will this role involve?
- Provide IT support to end users as part of the MIS team.
- Maintain the day to day operation of servers/desktops.
- Upgrading servers & devices.
- Installation of desktops and laptops.
- Assist and lead the development of various IT projects.
- Research and develop internal systems, technologies & operational procedures.
- Liaise with suppliers and third party contractors.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in an IT role: 2+ years required
- Experience migrating servers to latest versions
- Microsoft operating systems
- Windows 7 onwards
- Windows Server 2008 R2 onwards
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Exchange 2010 onwards
- Microsoft Office
- Exceptional customer service
- To be able to obtain and retain appropriate MoD security clearance.
- Attention to detail and analytical approach to troubleshooting.
Experience of using & supporting:
- System Centre Configuration Manager
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
- Innovative and always looks to improve current systems or processes.
Please note - this role will require the successful candidate to undergo and obtain DV high level security clearance.