Management Accountant - FM Finance, based Glasgow
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
As part of Europe's largest educational PFI project, Amey maintain a clean and productive educational environment for over 32,000 pupils in 12 new-build and 17 refurbished buildings in the Glasgow area. We deliver total facilities management to over 340,000m2 of premises in some unique school environments. These include Bellahoustan School of Sporting Excellence and Knightswood School of Dance; both of which are respected institutions in Scottish education. Each of the schools on the Glasgow estate specialises in specific areas of excellence, creating focal points for us to offer support and implement future initiatives.
What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking to appoint a talented and ambitious Management Accountant, to join our FM Finance team based in Glasgow. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join a dynamic and forward thinking Finance team. This role will be based in Glasgow but will have a requirement to travel to Edinburgh.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will ensure delivery of a reliable Management accounting service to the business to a consistently high quality, ensuring all accounting and reporting requirements are delivered to a high standard and in accordance to reporting timescales, whilst ensuring support of all efficiency activities.
What are we looking for?
- Part Qualified/Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or qualified by experience;
- Previous Management Accountancy experience in a similar environment;
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SAP would be a distinct advantage;
- Good knowledge of accounting practices and reporting requirements including forecasting and budgeting;
- Preparation of management information including profit centre reporting and variance analysis essential;
- Experience of working within a Contract environment, specifically Facilities Management, Highways, Rail, Construction would be preferred;
- Experience working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of quality and detail;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and internal support functions;
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer