IT Operations Engineer -Microsoft- Flexible Working Available
Do you love working with Microsoft technologies? Can you find innovative solutions to complex IT challenges? Are you looking for an exciting role where you can work on over 100 different applications? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an IT Operations Engineer, you will be part of our Live IT Operations team, who make sure our IT systems are running smoothly across all applications. You will work on individual projects, whilst supporting colleagues on all third line issues. You will be a subject matter expert who is constantly looking for new ways to improve our IT maintenance and capabilities.
So what will you be doing…
• Monitoring and troubleshooting key banking applications
• Documenting procedures and keeping current ones up to date
• Supporting and maintaining the Banks systems
• Automating processes where possible to provide a more efficient way of working
• Providing third line IT support for colleagues across the Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Experience as an IT Operations Engineer at third line support, or a similar role
• You will have in-depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies such as: Active Directory, DNS, and PowerShell
• To be successful in this role, troubleshooting applications will be second nature to you
• It’s really important you are able to manage Windows servers
• You will have an analytical approach to problem solving
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!