HR Advisor - Flexible Working Available
We have a new opportunity for a HR Advisor to join our dynamic Human Resources team. We are happy to consider candidates looking to work on a full time basis but are also open to considering those wishing to work flexibly. The role is open to applicants wishing to be based in our Bristol or London offices.
Who we are:
Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK's most forward-thinking law firms. Our success is down to excellence in our approach to our clients, our people and our business.
We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all of our people to make the most of their talent with stretching careers in a fast growing and exciting environment. Our focussed strategy and positive working environment have been rewarded by many prestigious awards for areas including career progression and management & culture, including being named 'Firm of the year' 2018 by both Bristol Law Society and Roll on Friday.
With a growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Facebook and Vodafone as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups.
What you'll do:
Reporting to one of our HR Business Partners, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Coaching and advising managers and partners on managing a wide variety of HR matters. You will act as their first point of contact and demonstrate excellent knowledge of their teams and business goals.
- Developing strong and trusted relationships, and coaching managers in a way that builds management capability and sustains our high performance culture.
- Actively monitoring and analysing attendance, and coaching managers to manage attendance, including Occupational Health referrals. Identifying cases of potential concern with the HRBP and managers.
- Effectively managing a variety of disciplinary/grievance processes, providing professional advice to investigating and hearing managers, escalating to the HRBP where necessary.
- Supporting relevant business areas to spot trends through interpreting data and Management Information, and providing data driven insights. This will include interpreting engagement data and formulating action plans and engagement with employees.
- Supporting managers and HRBPs on both strategical and cyclical projects. These include but are not limited to performance reviews, pay review, talent processes and promotion processes.
- Mentoring and acting as an escalation point for HR Assistants.
- Carrying out regular HR Inductions, and regularly reviewing our policies.
- Actively managing own personal training and development, identifying any suitable development opportunities.
What we're looking for:
You will be an experienced HR professional with experience gained within a similar role. You will also be a confident communicator, and have the ability to establish productive relationships with people at all levels.
- A thorough understanding of employment law and policies and ability to use and advise on these in a commercial and pragmatic way.
- In depth knowledge of typical HR process and procedures.
- A client-focused ethos
- Experience in working with HR systems.
- Professional, flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Ability to gather, interpret and manage highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy and demanding environment.
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072 or email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.