Engineer – Construction - Flexible Working Available
Our leading Construction and Civil Engineering client are looking to recruit a Site Engineer. The role is working with them on a new project in South West London. The site is in the very early stages and the role will last for a minimum of 2 years. They are a flexible employer and welcome candidates that wish to work flexibly. They are also open to candidates looking to return to the Construction Industry after a career break.
Candidates should have experience of working as a Site Engineer previously.
Duties include the following
- Review the programme/ tracker programme, read the ERs and familiarise yourself with the project, requirements, the specifications and the project drawings.
- Understand who the sub- contractors are. Make sure they have a competent manger who understands the drawings and specification. Identify long lead in items, and place order accurately and on-time.
- Coordinate scaffolding, platforms, loading bays with the site manager. Always make sure you look ahead for items that might delay.
- Order materials on time and be fully aware of lead times, deliveries schedules, concrete specification, rebar schedules. Review all supplier drawings for comment and revert in a timely manner with your comments. Regularly check lead times on materials. Ensuring that you are fully aware of any lead-time changes which may affect programme.
- Ensure that tool box talks, task briefs are carried out and will regularly give tool box talks on issues which you find as unsafe practices to your sub-contractors. Where safety alerts are issued by relevant authorities, you will advise your sub-contractors and provide the necessary info / tool box talks affected. Produce project specific method statements and risk assessments and ensure compliance.
- Be familiar with 4 Projects and use 4 Projects to reference the most up to date drawings, to issue drawings to your sub-contractors, to mark-up drawings which issues have arisen for the Design Manager.