Head of Digital DevOps - Flexible Working Available
Do love you love embedding best practice into the DevOps world? Can you guide colleagues on modern web frameworks? Will you help Metro Bank to revolutionise the way we deliver new technologies into production? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of Digital DevOps, you will lead, inspire and nurture your team to deliver the best results for the Bank, and you will strategically plan for the future while keeping on top of BAU priorities. The team’s key focus is to bring all our fantastic new digital technologies to our customers. You will find new innovative ways to improve the safety and delivery of our new products and upgrades, so our customers can enjoy new features as quickly as possible, and become fans!
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading the DevOps team in delivering the full software development life cycle
• Working closely with colleagues across IT to automate deployment across all digital channels
• Finding new ways to improve the speed and safety of our digital delivery
• Implementing new digital technologies using innovative and cost effective methods
• Keeping up with the latest industry research and emerging technologies
• Presenting your project progress to the Director of Digital Delivery and Architecture, and execs if required
• Motivating and nurturing your team and nurturing their technical capabilities
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• You will have experience as a hands-on DevOps Engineer, with strong knowledge on AWS and Azure
• In the you past you will have lead a team of techies with presence, impact, vigour and zest
• Naturally you will have the ability to implement world-class technology platforms within a tech focused company is really important for this role
• It would be amazing if you were able to use most of the following toolsets: Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, GitLab, VMware, Ansible, RedHat, Windows, Docker, Selenium, SVN, Zabbix, ELK, Oracle and AppDynamics
• We would love for you to be able to demonstrate the ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives
• Proven experience in building relationships with team members and other colleagues across a business
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!