HR & Development Advisor - Flexible Working Available
Rank Group are looking for a Retail HR & Development Advisor to support the head of HR in building the management capability to meet business KPIs/objectives across the London region and potentially across the Grosvenor estate.
You'll provide a high quality HR and development service to internal customers, supporting club management to manage employee relations issues, recruit, retain and develop an engaged team with the necessary skills and knowledge to meet the needs of the business.
Please note, the working hours for this role are Monday - Friday, 12pm - 8pm due to the nature of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the ER issues in the region/business. Propose and design interventions or changes to help reduce its incidence.
- Manage the external employee relations HR service (Croner) within the region. Working collaboratively with Croner Professionals and on-site management teams to ensure the effective management and prompt resolution of any day to day employee relations cases.
- In line with company policy and procedure, attend disciplinary and grievances meetings with Operational Management where appropriate.
- Consult with employees/management as appropriate in redundancy/re-deployment situations arising from club closures and restructures, carrying out the required accompanying administration.
- To provide first line support, development and guidance to Line Managers in relation to the performance management process and assist in meetings where appropriate.
- Where necessary, support absence management in clubs by advising in long term sick cases with medical reports, welfare meetings and home visits
- Liaise with Company Legal Representatives on Employment Tribunal cases arising.
- Liaise with Human Resources Business Partners to ensure a consistent approach to all HR interventions.
- Liaise with the Reward Team on matters relating to pensions, long term absence, termination payments and all HR admin matters.
- May be required to cover work across Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casinos during periods of high work load.
- Support and develop the HR Advisor (based at The Victoria Casino) to manage HR issues within the casino.
- Build strong relationships with the Retail Recruitment Manager using your business knowledge to influence their activity and focus and your relationships to ensure the Ops team give full support.
- Advise management teams on recruitment and selection strategies, especially around team member levels vacancies. Ensure casinos are aware of the resources and tools are available to use.
- Work within the region to monitor the vacancies (via weekly reporting) and highlight any concerns to the Head of HR.
- Manage and lead on regional recruitment campaigns, taking responsibility for open days and assessment centres.
- Support the Head of HR with the recruitment of management (Casino Manager, Operations Manager, Assistant General Manager and General Management) vacancies.
Training and Development
- Ensure the Ops Teams are focussed on skills based training at team and management level both in developing their current teams and new recruits
- Where there are skill shortages, ie dealers propose and develop alternatives to meet the need
- Work with Learning and Development team where necessary to support development of team members and managers.
- Delivery of engaging training sessions including HR courses.
- Promote the training and development programmes offered by The Rank Group and identify further training needs and solutions.
- Pro-actively promoting employee recognition and reward initiatives which will include the Company’s Star’ initiative.
- Assisting and supporting the on-site management team with the implementation of a high-performance employee culture, implementing performance improvement plans where needed.
- Assisting the region with the talent and succession management process to ensure effective development plans are in place where necessary.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ideally undertaking CIPD qualification or qualified to associate level or degree level qualification.
- Proven experience as an HR generalist.
- Specific experience with Employee Relations preferably in a leisure environment.
- Experience with Trade Unions.
- Competence with Word, Excel and Outlook, PowerPoint preferred.
- Training and coaching skills desirable.
- Digitally savvy.