Director of Prudential Risk - Flexible Working Available
Are you a Prudential Risk expert who wants to build, lead and inspire the Prudential Risk team at Metro Bank? We are looking for an amazing leader who can develop our Prudential Risk team to be the best in market! With our customers at the heart of everything we do this is a crucial role for us; balancing delivering amazing customer service, while managing the Risk. If you are a deep technical expert in all that is Prudential Risk, and would like to provide specialist strategic direction to a fast paced, customer focussed Bank, we may have the role for you!
So what would you be doing?...
• Building, leading and nurturing the Prudential Risk team at Metro Bank
• Overseeing; Model Risk, Capital and Liquidity, Business Strategy, Treasury Risk Assurance, Financial and Model Risk Appetite
• Reporting Prudential Risks to the Board and Executive Leadership team on a monthly basis, and additionally as required
• Attending external meetings with both regulators; PRA and FCA
• Keeping up to date with regulatory requirements and making sure Metro Bank are one step ahead and fulfilling these
• Acting as Metro Bank’s Prudential Risk representative at industry meetings and conferences
• Building brilliant relationships internally so that all teams across Metro Bank consider risk and apply customer-centric thinking as part of decision their making processes
• Role modelling Metro Bank’s core values; inspiring, nurturing and game changing
• Championing amazing risk management and excellent conduct in everything you do
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Be an expert in all that is Prudential Risk
• Have a sound legal understanding of capital and liquidity
• You will be able to investigate data, find trends and provide recommendations
• Have experience of working with the regulators (the PRA and the FCA) and being an industry expert in all of the latest regulations
• Be able to strategically plan for the future while keeping on top of BAU priorities
• You will have exceptional analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively at Board/Exco level
• As this role is leading a team, it goes without saying that you will have experience of building, inspiring and nurturing teams
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!