Project Manager - Flexible Working Available
Location: Heathrow Airport
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
Read more about our Aviation work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/aviation
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Aviation business for an ambitious and talented Project Manager within the Q6 Framework at Heathrow Airport.
We are looking for a Project Manager to successfully manage allocated multidisciplinary projects and their associated activities from conception through to completion, delivering work that meets project requirements, customer satisfaction, SHEQ standards, and in accordance with Morgan Sindall standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Oversee the successful delivery of projects to scope, target cost, quality, programme and completion encompassing design, engineering, construction, handover and commercial aspects ensuring Perfect Delivery is achieved
- Ensure that project imperatives are clearly communicated and understood throughout the project and to others, as appropriate
- Provide direction, motivation and leadership to both internal staff and external consultants or contractors engaged in providing technical support activities to the project
- Responsible for all safety, health, environment and quality matters including driving excellence and championing continuous improvement
- Advise the project team on project planning activities and initiatives and present recommendations and project delivery status updates to key customers and stakeholders
- Lead, review and challenge project budgets and forecast to ensure a consistent, challenging but deliverable approach is adopted
- Proactively deliver a quality installation to the satisfaction of our customers
- Continually review suppliers performance and share information
- Work with the business unit senior management team to deliver annual business plan objectives, plans and budgets that meet Morgan Sindall budgets and targets
- Implement the business plan for projects, and manage and review performance of contracts against financial and operational targets
- Ensure efficient management of the Company's resources; employees, suppliers and subcontractors
- Knowledge of all aspects of legislative compliance
- Good understanding of commercial issues affecting project performance and experience in assessing value / evaluating variations of construction works undertaken
- Strong experience within Civil Engineering environment (Airfields preferable but not essential)
About the Heathrow Team:
Morgan Sindall is 1 of 4 Delivery Integrators working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projectors working at Heathrow Airport within the Q6 Framework. Our works are focused around the Airside / Landside Lot and cover a large portfolio of projects that include civil engineering, mechanical and electrical and building works throughout the footprint of Heathrow Airport. We have a long history of successfully delivering works at Heathrow Airport and our reputation has been founded upon this. We have over 200 employees, including a direct labour force delivering these projects and a well-developed and trusted supply chain. We have a plan for long term growth year on year and this is underpinned by our recruitment programme, including experienced managers, a graduate recruitment process and also strengthening of our self-performing capabilities through investment in apprentices. Looking forwards there is even greater opportunities at Heathrow Airport within the next expansion plans and further afield the 3rd runway development.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.