Infrastructure Programme Manager
Applications are invited for the position of Infrastructure Programme Manager. The role will be based in Northampton and the working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Services, the Infrastructure Programme Manager is responsible for all infrastructure projects, ensuring they deliver to time, budget and quality.
- Budget management of the £30 Million Infrastructure Programme through to 2023. Management of 50+ projects which range in size from small, medium to large.
- Responsible and decision maker for the recruitment to ensure sufficient resourcing of senior project managers to deliver against the programme.
- You will represent IT at each of the clients Joint Risk Reviewing meetings, communicating and presenting any outstanding risks with actions to resolve and highlighting new and emerging risks with options to mitigate risk.
- Line management of our License Administrator. Responsible for iPSL’s Licensing Process, this also includes Open Source Software and Escrow and being accountable for a number of auditable controls.
- It is essential that your reporting and communicating skills at senior management are excellent and able to influence at all levels.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the £30 Million Infrastructure Programme
- Ensure project and programme dependencies are aligned with the business
- Building strong relationships across cross-functional teams. Able to influence and communicate the programme’s vision, ultimately achieving buy-in from key stakeholders
- Management of Senior Project Managers, providing direction and motivation
- Responsible for the recruitment and sufficient resourcing of senior project managers to deliver against the programme
- Successful management of multiple projects in various stages of their delivery life cycles
- Creation of project RFC’s based on business requirements / planned programme activity
- Developing and agreeing project scope with stakeholders
- Responsible for obtaining project approvals and finance sign off from our clients, presenting the projects for approval at senior cross client meetings, clearly defining the business benefits
- Chair weekly project reviews, providing guidance, motivation and challenges
- Excellent attention to detail for regular programme reporting and presentations
- Produce various reports weekly, bi-weekly and monthly tailored to specific audiences to share and present
- Working closely with PMO and Finances teams, ensuring governance gates are met and finances are tracked effectively
- Ensuring all projects are embedded successfully into BAU and that all company processes are adhered to, achieving business sign-off
- Input into the financial forecast for the duration of the programme
- Close tracking of individual project finances against agreed budgets and deliverables
- Working closely with the Technology areas, you will provide input into the strategic direction of the Programme
- Reporting of out of support risks to external clients on a quarterly basis at the Joint Risk Review
- Own and manage a number of auditable controls around Licensing and Escrowing, ensuring that they operate effectively and do not fail any external audits
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We are offering a salary between £40,000 to £60,500 p.a. dependent on experience.
If you think this is a job that would be right for you, then get in touch with us now! Just please ensure that you submit a CV for review with your application
VACANCY REFERENCE: CB/MD/507411/IT
Closing date for applications is 23rd August 2019 and please ensure you SUBMIT A CV with your application in order for your application to be progressed.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond directly. If you have not been contacted by 2nd September 2019 we regret that you have not been successful in securing a position at the next stage of the process.
- Qualified in project methodologies; Prince2, Agile, Scrum
- Excellent understanding of ITIL disciplines
- A solid understanding of infrastructure and the interdependencies with applications
- 5+ years of Project / Programme experience
- Excellent team management and leadership experience, including leadership of senior managers
- Excellent at building relationships across a wide variety of groups
- Strategic and commercial awareness
- Managing budgets and able to take pro-active decisions to drive the business forward
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can work on own initiative with little direction
- Performance management, coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to build, share and present compelling business case
- Quality oriented attitude
- Customer focus
- Strong leader and role model
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Preferably from a technical background or holds a solid understanding of old and new technologies
- Ability to influence Senior Management and Executive Management within stakeholder groups