Environment & Sustainability Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for an environment and sustainability professional to join our HSEQ team supporting Amey's prestigious Highways business. Amey are proud to deliver a range of highways services from planned and reactive maintenance, repairs, winter maintenance and waste collection across the UK, partnering with more than 15 local authorities and key clients like Highways England, Transport Scotland and Transport NI.
As Environment and Sustainability Manager you will provide technical specialist support to contracts across the UK. In this role you will communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders providing tactical support from an environmental standpoint. Within Amey you will report directly to the Environmental Business Partner, Account Managers and operational staff to achieve Amey's environment and sustainability goals. This position also holds responsibility for overseeing the environmental performance and developing, implementing and monitoring environmental strategies that protect the environment, contribute to sustainable development and build success over the long term.
What will this role involve?
- Carbon Management - establish and assure data sources, collate, calculate and analyse carbon footprint, identifying areas of improvement and making recommendations for improvement.
- Environmental Permitting - making applications with the EA, maintaining register of environmental permissions, supporting appointed waste managers and developing positive working relationships with local EA Offciers
- Environmental Risk Assessment - review environmental risk assessments and control measures, identify measures to further reduce risk, maintain Business Unit register for all residual high risk activities
- Waste Management - review Account waste stream assessments, maintain Business Unit Duty of Care Assessment Plan and identify improvement opportunities
- Assurance - undertake audit and inspection, working with Account Teams on improvement action plans
- Compliance Obligations - review and make changes to Business Unit Management System Processes and Compulsory Risk Controls, update BU compliance obligations, communicate requirements to operational teams
- Communications - write alert/bulletin/memo/newsletter/report content, obtain approval and communicate
What are we looking for?
This role would suit a proactive individual with demonstrable experience of providing environmental and sustainability technical expertise to a variety of stakeholders. Any experience delivering this in the Highways or Waste Collection industries would be highly beneficial. It is imperative that you are personable and able to communicate effectively at all levels..Other specific requirements are outlined below:
There is a requirement for the successful candidate to travel across the UK, base location can therefore be flexible, however you must be happy to travel as required