Services Engineer Manager - Fix Term Contract - Flexible Working Available
Are you a leader in software engineering? Can you nurture colleagues on the right integration standards and policies? Do you want to be an integral part of the British Banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Services Engineer Manager, you will be part of our Services and API team who provide support for integration projects, and aim to reduce our dependency on third party systems. Your team is the spine of the Bank, they make sure all our technologies are able to communicate with each other. You and your team, will enable colleagues to utilise information from various technologies that will enhance their capabilities to deliver on projects. You role will be integral to the growth of the software engineering team at Metro Bank.
This is a 6 month contract.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading a team of specialist engineers and contributing towards their development
• Overseeing our capabilities to allow multiple systems to communicate with each other
• Building a better experience for colleagues and customers
• Inspiring your talented team on integrations and reusable building blocks
• Organising key integration projects
• Keeping up to date on industry standards and up to date technologies
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• We need you to be an inspirational leader who is experienced in developing and guiding colleagues
• You will have experience as a services specialist, and you will have used Java, IBM Integration Bus or IBM Message Broker, v9 or v10
• In order to excel in this role you must be able to inspire and nurture your team, and help them to develop as specialist engineers
• Naturally you will have experience with web services such as SOAP/REST/Swaggers