API Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Do you love designing and developing API solutions? Are you an Apigee advocate? Can you make game changing implementations to our IT Services team? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an API Engineer, you will be part of our API and Services team who provide support for integration projects and aim to reduce our dependency on third party resources. You will shape the way we design, build, and deploy our services using distributed service-based architecture, that will allow all our technologies to communicate with each other. You will empower colleagues to utilise information from various technologies that will enhance their capabilities to deliver on projects and create fans!
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting on the development of several projects
• Delivering API solutions that streamline, simplify and improve our service
• Designing, developing and deploying RESTful services
• Setting up milestones that are aligned to API projects
• Analysing, coding, testing and implementing systematic solutions
• Providing general support on application performance and quality levels
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• You will have experience as an API or Web developer, looking after the full API lifecycle with exposure to Apigeee, Mulesoft, API Connect or other API management platforms
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have good exposure to service-based architecture, such as microservices
• It would be amazing if you have worked with cloud technologies such as AWS, Google, or Cassandra
• We would really get excited if you have hands on experience developing Open Banking APIs
• Involvement with end to end delivery of API projects would be fantastic