Site Manager - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction business for an ambitious and talented Site Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated managers.
As a Site Manager you will coordinate and manage the activities of all site personnel and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures. You will lead and motivate the team and liaise effectively with customers.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
We are currently working on large and exciting projects such as the following: https://www.morgansindall.com/news/morgan-sindall-group-agrees-%C2%A32bn-property-delivery-joint-venture
- Manage the site and ensure adherence to all policies, procedures and standards using specified drawings and instructions, within budget and on programme in support of our Perfect Delivery philosophy
- Supervise all direct labour as necessary and coordinate the activities of trades and subcontractors involved on the site so that all operations are performed efficiently and in accordance with the construction programme and the quality and cost standards required by Morgan Sindall
- Ensure that all work is kept on programme and that all details as specified in the drawings and instructions are adhered to
- Ensure health and safety requirements are adhered to at all times in accordance with laid down company procedures and legislation
- Identify and obtain relevant information in order to plan and execute the work
- Provide a reliable, first point of contact service
- Implement and monitor all systems and procedures and ensure effective operation
- Monitor, maintain and update all health and safety requirements and procedures
- Implement and adhere to appropriate environmental controls
- Establish and maintain site set up and welfare facilities
- Provide feedback on objectives and training and development needs, as requested
- Understand customer’s objectives and ensure good communication to the team
- Encourage customer feedback, communicate effectively with line managers, and take appropriate action where necessary
- Ensure that relevant issues raised at close down meeting are actioned accordingly for future contracts
- Review and action supplier performance in relation to objectives
- Communicate on sub-contractor performance to all relevant parties
- Invite and encourage use of supplier’s technical knowledge, skills and expertise
- Deputise for contract/project manager at project/progress meetings
- Offer assistance in project review of other sites
- Experience in a Temporary Works Coordinator role – ideally with recent ground works temporary works schemes
- Experience in the management of basement and concrete frame structures
- Experience of projects £10m - £50m
- Experience with Tier One preferable
- Appropriate CSCS card
- First Aid
- Substantial relevant site experience
Morgan Sindall Construction London and Home Counties
With a passion to serve customers we have developed a professional, understated approach, where our people in London and Home Counties are encouraged and rewarded to work as a team to achieve Perfect Delivery.
The success of this strategy to: find – win – deliver – repeat has yielded a healthy forward order book, giving us the stability to fully focus on strengthening our long-term work winning capability in our primary sectors of: education, public sector frameworks, civic buildings, investment linked opportunities and healthcare.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.